My daughter-in-law’s birthday was in May. With us living so far apart, it is hard sometimes to know what to get her. This year Alex said they had seen some of those decorative blocks and she liked them. So, I decided to try to make her some. They had only seen the ones with one side done. But I thought I would make her some multi-sided so that she could have them out all year-round. I didn’t make them just holiday-themed; there are a couple of more generic sides. The blocks are small (not quite 2″) and that was a challenge to find things that fit. I enjoyed the way they turned out! I hope she likes them as well!
She is a big Disney fan so I pick up anything Disney when I find it cheap! Her husband told me that Ariel is the princess she was into at the moment. I’ve had this sticker for a while and I used it to make this card. I love how the colors came together and I love the green paper!
Thanks for checking in!
P.S. If you would like to get an email notification when I post a new
blog, please hit the subscribe button!!
This is a step card. This week I asked Steve to help me program in a card template that I got off the internet. I thought “I love this card but drawing the template then cutting and scoring took so long!” So I thought if Steve could program it into my new Cricut we could cut and score it anytime we wanted to make one!! It took him a little bit to figure it out, but he did it!!! It is such a cool thing that now I can just send a paper through my Cricut and have the card base done! Now I am asking him to put the accent paper cuts in! They are the same lines so maybe it won’t be so bad! lol lol lol So here is my first attempt, hope you like it!!
Sorry that it is so late in the week that I am getting to this. I was trying to actually finish something!! That didn’t happen! It seems like it has been a busy week but I can’t figure with what! So I will just show you some of the practice stuff I have done.
I want to play with watercolors some more so I did these flowers. They aren’t done like I want them yet, they need some highlights and I am still trying to figure that out.
I really want to do this thing with Christmas ornaments and a Dremel tool. I figured out I need to draw on the shapes I want first and then use the Dremel. I’m not good enough to freehand it. And then it is going to take some more practice!! But here is a peek at the attempt!!
Well, this is the one project that actually came out ok and I am going to send it to the ladies for Super Saturday!! I’m a little nervous about it because I’m not sure about what they like in Missouri!! I hope they like it!
This week I have been trying some projects for my church group and they haven’t worked as well as I would like. But here are a couple of ideas for some easy, inexpensive ornaments! This last one is supposed to be a pine cone. I’m not sure it looks enough like one. I think maybe the paper is too patterned, or maybe I still don’t have the shape correct. Anyway, I am trying one more thing this week and then will decide if and what to teach!!!